Black Friday | Free Shipping | Ends 1st Dec
If you've decided to measure so that your curtain just covers the window, follow the below steps:
1. Measure the width of your window
2. Add between 100 and 150mm to each side. This will ensure that when the curtains are fully open, they frame the window and allow as much light as possible.
Remember: curtains will bunch approx 30% of the width of your track. If using a centre opening curtain, fabric will bunch 15% on each side.
If you want your curtains to cover the whole wall, follow the below steps:
1. Measure the width of your wall from left to right
2. Take a 10mm deduction from your width to allow for the track
1. For Face Fix curtains, the track should sit around 100mm above the top of the window frame.
2. Measure from the track position down to where you want the curtain to finish. Take this measurement on the left and right-hand sides of the track. Select the smaller of the two measurements.
3. Just above the floor we recommend deducting around 5-10 millimetres from the selected drop measurement to ensure your curtains fit just above the floor; OR
4. If you want a puddling effect, we recommend adding 50mm to your selected drop measurement.
Keep in mind that floors can be uneven and all fabrics fall differently. Getting your curtain to ‘kiss the floor’ can be difficult, so we recommend either designing it to sit just above the floor or to puddle. Fabric can move up to 3%.
We'd love to learn more about your project and provide any product + design advice.
Got questions? Our Help Centre has the answers! It's basically Curtains 101 and easy to follow guides.
Learn more about our DIY curtains
and how we do things around here